SUNDAY SCHOOL LIVE WITH PASTOR DEBORAH
Sunday School is a school like no other! Get ready for an exciting time as we receive life-changing teaching, training, empowerment and other activities to help us build a strong spiritual foundation and grow in our understanding of the Word of God. We’ll see you there!
• Class: Sunday School Live with Pastor Deborah
• Date: Held every Sunday
• Time: 8:00 am – 9:00 am
• Doors Open: 7:30 am
• The Marketplace Opens: 7:30 am
• Sunday School Location: Sanctuary
• Who: Adults and Youth in Grades 9 – 12
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. Seating: You are welcome to sit anywhere. However, we encourage you to sit towards the front of the sanctuary.
2. Sunday School Sign-In: We value the Sunday School experience and celebrate those who do the same with consistent attendance. At 8:00 am a sign-in sheet is passed down each row. Please print your name on the sign-in sheet so we can track your attendance. Every month we post the names of those who have perfect attendance on our Sunday School page.
3. Sunday School Offering: We take an offering during Sunday School to provide attendees with an opportunity to worship God through giving. To give, select “Sunday School Live” from our giving platforms.
4. Sunday School Lesson with Pastor Deborah: This is the highlight of the Sunday School experience! Each week, Pastor Deborah teaches a powerful, dynamic and interactive lesson that provides biblical truths and life application from the Word of God.
5. Class Ends: Class ends at 9:00 am. We encourage you to stay with us for our 9:15 am Sunday Power Hour Worship Service.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR CLASS?
Follow these 4 easy steps to prepare for a great Sunday School experience!
STEP 1: Bring a Sunday School Binder to Class
Your Sunday School binder will be used to organize your Monthly Syllabus, Sunday School lessons, graded tests and your personal notes. We recommend using a 3-ring binder. Be sure to put your name on the front cover of the binder.
STEP 2: Download the Syllabus and Sunday School Lesson
The Sunday School lesson is made available on our church website weekly by Tuesday (leading to the upcoming Sunday). Follow the steps below to download the lesson.
1. Go to harvestlife.org
2. Scroll to the “Quick Links” section on the Home Page and click on “Sunday School Live with Pastor Deborah”.
3. Download the current lesson.
STEP 3: Review the Lesson and Complete Your Homework
Be sure to study the lesson and complete the homework questions. Place the completed lesson in your Sunday School binder and bring it to class.
STEP 4: Attend Sunday School
Attend Sunday School at 8:00 am and bring the following items with you:
1. Your Sunday School binder
2. Your completed homework assignment (placed in your Sunday School binder)
3. Bible (King James Version – electronic or hard copy)
TAKING THE SUNDAY SCHOOL TEST
Our Sunday School Test takes place on the 4th Sunday of every month, or at the end of the series being taught. Your grade will be based on two parts.
First Part – consists of a written test with approximately 20 questions covering the information from the lessons taught in the series.
Second Part – consists of a review and grading of your Sunday School binder. Your binder must have all your homework completed in the series and must be in the following order to receive an “A”.
1. The Series Syllabus for the Month
2. Study Guide
3. 1st Sunday completed lesson and homework assignment
4. 2nd Sunday completed lesson and homework assignment
5. 3rd Sunday completed lesson and homework assignment
6. Any handouts provided during the series (if applicable)
Binders containing graded tests can be picked up from the tables at the Sunday School Station located in the hallway by The Meeting Room on the Wednesday following the test. Place your graded test in your binder behind the syllabus.
IS THERE SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR MY CHILDREN?
Yes. Our Sunday School program also includes exciting and interactive Sunday School classes for children, age 3 to 5th grade and Middle School youth. Youth in grades 9 – 12 attend the adult class.
Our Youth Sunday School classes also begin at 8:00 am. Please note that check-in for the Children’s Sunday School class (age 3 – 5th grade) begins at 7:50 am.
Sunday School is the BEST school in town and we look forward to seeing you there!