Do you have a family that has a wide range of ages, development stages and/or cognitive challenges? Here is a classic card game that has been played for many generations. This may be an oldie, but this game can help bring every member of the family together for a good family fun night! It’s a family treasure that’s for sure.
2. 2 to 10 players (per pack of cards)
- The dealer will shuffle the pack of cards (mix up all the color cards and special action cards)
The pack of cards include Skips, Reverses, Draw Twos, Wild and Draw Four Wild cards. You’ll find 25 of each color (red, green, blue, and yellow), eight Wild cards, three Customizable cards and one Special Rule card inside the 112-card deck.
- The dealer will deal to his left first
- Each player receives 7 cards each (after dealing out the cards,)
- The dealer will put down a card (face card up) to start the game
- The person to the left of the dealer will go first (then follow in order to the left)
- Read the Special Rule card inside the deck for complete rules
Tips and Suggestions (for younger children and cognitive delayed learners):
i. Teach number and pattern recognition
ii. Teach sorting/matching of colors and numbers, and turn taking