Celebrating Mother: Queen for a Week
We’re transforming Mother’s Day into a weeklong celebration of Mom as the QUEEN FOR A WEEK! Join together with Harvest Life Church on Monday, May 2nd through Sunday, May 8th to celebrate and honor all mothers as Queens for the week.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 3rd
7:00 pm | Word Wednesday
Join us as we go deeper in the Word with a special Word Wednesday message from our Senior Pastor, Bishop Lyle Dukes.
SUNDAY, MAY 8th
8:00 am | Sunday School
Join us at 8:00 am for Sunday School – “The best school in town!” Don’t miss these exciting and interactive classes, held for youth (age 3 – grade 12), young adults (ages 18 – 40) and adults, that are designed to empower you to grow in your understanding of God’s Word!
9:00 am and 11:30 am | Sunday Worship and Mother’s Day
Get ready for a powerful Word from Pastor Lorene Poindexter at our 9 am worship service and our Spiritual Mother, Pastor Deborah Dukes at our 11:30 am worship service. Enjoy a special tribute to mothers by the Youth Ministry and Music Ministry!
10:30 am | Breakfast at the Harvest Kitchen
Don’t miss our special Mother’s Day Breakfast – Featuring Mama’s Chicken and Waffles!
Fun Foyer Activities | Sunday Worship and Mother’s Day
• “The Queen’s Photo Station” with props
• Mirror Photo Booth
• Caricature Artists
• Enjoy some sweet treats – Warm Peach Cobbler, Cheesecake, Gourmet Fruit Tarts and other delicious desserts at “The Queen’s Bakery” after the 11:30 am Service!
• And More!
MOTHER’S DAY PHOTO GALLERY
We’re celebrating all mothers on Mother’s Day with a special photo gallery! If you would like a picture of your mother or a picture submitted on behalf of your children to be displayed in our photo gallery please email your photo to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 4th. Ensure your email contains the following:
• Subject Line: Mother’s Day
• Attachment: Please do not attach more than 1 picture per mother. No photo collages.
• Body of Email: Include your mother’s first and last name and your first and last name
SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR QUEEN OF THE WEEK
• Be sure to bring her to church on Mother’s Day to enjoy our awesome program and activities just for Moms!
• Treat Mom to a Spa Day and / or Hair Day
• Take a family bike ride
• Spend the day doing her favorite activities
• As she enjoys her favorite movies, accompanied by indulgent snacks, complete a housecleaning project of her choice.
• Spend the Day Enjoying Art Galleries – No rushing allowed — just enjoying each other’s company and the refreshing beauty of art.
• Go to an Art Supply or Craft Store – Roam the aisles for creative inspiration and decide on a fun project to make together.
• Try a Sculpting Class – Create mementos and memories with Mom.
• Go to a Fashion Show – Many cities host Mother’s Day events in honor of the occasion.
• Hunt Bargains at Antique Stores – Hone your best haggling skills.
• Road Trip to Inspiration – Find the most beautiful forest, river, mountain, park or whatever is close enough to be practical but far enough to be special and take a day trip.
• Meander Around a Farmer’s Market – Choose a sunny spring day to explore all the fresh vegetables, fruits and crafts you can find. Later, make Mom a special meal with her favorite fresh ingredients.
• Plan an Outdoor Movie Night – Show one of Mom’s favorite oldies on a movie projector under the stars. Serve popcorn and her favorite snacks.
• Garden Together – Buy new flowers and plants for an existing or new garden and spend the day planting, digging and connecting.
• Craft a Group Gift – Consider activities such as a collage of handprints or footprints and let your special mom enjoy watching it come together (while someone else supervises, of course).
• Have a Family Game Night – Make sure all family members understand fighting, arguing, complaining and whining is strictly prohibited.
• Plan a Puzzle Party – Order a large custom puzzle of a favorite family photo for extra fun.
• Organize a Special Playdate – Take care of all the arrangements ahead of time to ensure a seamless yet entertaining activity with her grandchildren. For long distance grandmothers, surprise them with airline tickets and a schedule full of grandkid fun.
• Plan a Sleepover – Supervise a fun evening where all the food and details are taken care of and she can simply play with her grandchildren.
• Gather the Troops – For some moms (and many grandmothers) their idea of the perfect Mother’s Day involves spending time with as many family members as possible. If this is your mom, plan a party with extended family members and a special lunch or dinner to celebrate.